Monday, May 18, 2015

This week has been pretty great... and of course really fast as always.

While my Elder ...  and I were on the street we heard a metal ding and saw a shoe horn, I think that's what there called, (for putting on your shoes) fall from a balcony. We looked up and there was a baba (grandma) which looked down and told us to wait as we lifted up the metal thing wondering where it came from. We both kind of looked at each other and waited for a minute or two and the baba (grandma) has a plastic bag with string from I'm guessing a sowing kit attached to it. She put some heavy objects so the bag wouldn't fling everywhere. After she yelled Thanks and it's just a funny little service opportunity experience ha ha. 

We met with a former investigator named ... that seems really interested in the Gospel. The only problem is the teaching record suggests that he does more talk than acting so it makes it difficult. It's one of the personalities I don't personally prefer because they are so great at being friends but it's hard for them to come closer to Christ. We're only here to invite, and we can't do more than that. 

It reminds of one of the ladies that we talked to on the street. She basically asked if we were just finding people to join our "group." We're basically doing that but it's much more. We responded that we are here just to invite people to learn for themselves about the things we know to be true. It's up to the people to accept, act, or simply just rejecting it. 

There are times were not a lot is happening with the missionary work, but when those moments come I come to know my purpose more. "To invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the Restored Gospel by...." I love the scriptures that talk about God extending His merciful hand to all of his children, even when they reject. I see this scripture being fulfilled everyday being a missionary because God extends His hand through His servants. I wouldn't change anything the way they are right now. 

We met 2 guys from a country called Yemen. Don't worry I didn't know anything about the country until now. Strangely that happens every now and then with being in the Bulgaria Sofia Mission ha ha. He met with missionaries about 2 years ago here. Only met with them once and said it was good. We understood more about his background, but were short on time. We met on a bench by the river here and it was great. I'm hoping he'll have more interest, but only time can tell. 

Tomorrow, Elder ...  and I are traveling to ... for zone training. After that one of us will stay for 3ish days on exchanges while the other companionship go back to ... That'll be fun. We recently got a new zone leader that'll I'll be serving with also. 

I love all of you,
Elder Green


No comments:

Post a Comment