Monday, May 4, 2015

Before I forget, I did receive my package. The zone leader's called us Tuesday or Wednesday saying that we were going on exchanges, so that worked out.

The strongest investigator we had hasn't been responding lately unfortunately. I think it's do to the end of the college or schools here in Blagoevgrad. It makes it a little tricky because after that the students go back to their villages and don't return until school is back, and or never come back. We've talked to some really cool people but the schooling is messing us up for meeting. We'll continue looking until we find someone that's ready. 

Since the beginning of the year, the zone leaders in ... have been doing exchanges by traveling (on bus) to other cities and taking someone in the companionship and take them back to .... So I got the chance to serve with Elder ... for about 3 days in .... I've done a tiny bit of missionary work in Sofia but with a companion and I not knowing Sofia to well it didn't really work out. ... is huge, it's really easy to plan for things because with city transportation it takes an hour to get to an appointment. It's a lot different than a 30 minute walk from anywhere in the city to a lesson. The thing that is funny is that there are cities in America that is the same population as Bulgaria. It makes ... feel a little bit smaller thinking that way. 

It's interesting thinking about the layout also. Instead of having a town, and then another town connected to the town everything is just empty out of city borders until you hit a village. Sometimes I get asked how big my city is in America and I honestly couldn't say because it's just surrounded by other cities so I feel like it's not the same concept. 

There is a member that is from ... (My first city) that moved to ..., so Elder ... and I actually ran into him on the street. The chances of that is so slim but it was great being able to see him again. He's just really funny with everything. 

The lessons that we had in ... were actually in English. I've rarely had lessons in English, so it was a change. Also praying in English is not preferableffor me. I feel like it's me trying to say Bulgarian prayers in the MTC. The Bulgarian word pops up in my head before the English word so there's a delay I feel like. It's weird. It's been like that since towards the beginning of being in field. 

The lessons were with ... and .... Funny the same name for both people and there personalities are completely opposite. It was well... interesting.

While traveling back, we actually had traffic due to construction. I haven't had that well... since being in Utah ha ha. I thought it was just funny. The bus is about 2 hours from ... to ... just as an extra note. 

I'm excited for this next week. So much is happening. End of transfers, skyping, and also applying a study plan for a lot of things that will hopefully make studies more meaningful along with goals. Being a missionary is so busy, but there's also so much more than can be done, just with the little things. 

I'm glad to hear from all of you and excited for this next Sunday.

With love,
Elder Green

No comments:

Post a Comment