Friday, December 6, 2013

Tyson mission

Hi everyone. So apparently my p-days are on Fridays. When I first dropped off I was led by lots of people. It's amazing, there are so many missionaries here from all over the world. We had a meeting the very first day and the MTC president just said random countries around the world and people would stand up if they belonged there. I am like the majority of people, when Utah was said, well.... over half the classroom stood up. The guy that was my guide was from England. I felt bad because he carried all of my heavy luggage. It was an eye opener to see what the missionary life is like.  I've been trying to think when the girls left for California, I knew they were leaving today or even yesterday. From the sound of it, it sounds like they left yesterday. I hope that they end up having a good race. It is a fun experience. It must be hard having the whole family gone. Allie must feel pretty lonely and yes Allie did send a email just asking how I was doing. I'm guessing this email will be shared with everyone in the family so I'm doing good. I do miss the family greatly and I haven't felt homesick yet but it's only been a few days. The companion that I'm assigned to his name is Elder .... Yes, they had to but Green and ... together. It's kind of our joke. I have 4 roommates or 2 companions in my room. The other two companions names are Elder ... and Elder .... I really like my room. Anyway for learning the language, yesterday the people in my classroom spent a hour just writing a ten sentence gospel discussion. In the middle of it or towards the end my brain felt like it was fried. I have the alphabet memorized, but whenever I look at a Bulgarian word I forget the alphabet and somewhat try to sound it out. I'm hoping that over the next few weeks I'll be able to read words like a little kid. Sounds like dad had a rough morning going to work at 4:00 and having the truck not work. On the bright side, you have the car back again. The schedule that we have here makes it so we have something to being doing 24/7. The last hour of the day we have time to relax and kind of do whatever and that time goes by so fast. On Fridays we're supposed to go to the Provo temple but it's closed right now until Jan. Instead we have time to do personal study time. I've been doing good writing in a journal but its hard with the time that is given to write everything in. From the sounds of it, it sounds like I forgot those hand warmers too. So I'm guessing that low on the oven wasn't hot enough and that is why it wouldn't turn back into a liquid. Anyway, I don't think I have enough room for that blanket either. The beds here are somewhat good, it's just not the same as home. So far, I've been waking up in the middle of the night and have a hard time going to sleep. Some of the other guys in my room say the same thing. I'll have to hear how well the girls do at California, and also the guys at nationals. It's still hard to believe that I'm actually here. Also there are 7 missionaries in my classroom. I feel bad for the sister because she has her companion in the other room learning a different part of the language where she is serving. She's serving in Macedonia while the rest of us are serving the Bulgaria Sofia mission. The rule is if she isn't with her companion she has to be with at least 2 Elders. It seems like there are a lot of sisters that are serving in different countries are in that situation. The food here is good. Not the best but still good. I've learned that the eyes are more hungry then the stomach. It looks like you have no food so you grab a ton. After that eating a little more than half I'm stuffed. I don't want to waste the food so I end up finishing it. Let's just say I learned to take less fast. Everyday I'm going to be spending hours learning the language. Even today, it being a p-day we have a class time of studying for 3 hours. Being a missionary is hard, but I know it's worth it. I would also like to hear the 5 points of a testimony that dad was explaining before I left again because I feel like it's really important. I guess I'll be hearing from you guys next week. 
                                                                                                        Love Elder Green

No comments:

Post a Comment