Monday, April 7, 2014

Got the package :)


This past week we had the Mission President and Sister Wilstead come to ... I guess at least 1-2 times a year they will pop into a town for the district meeting and sit in during lessons and other activities to give comments on how we can do some things better. They didn't have a chance to see my companion and I teach because we didn't have any lessons in the first part of the day that they were here. The district meeting was so great. The President Wilstead gave an example of committing someone to church. Wow! I can't believe how he said it. It literally felt like it was a do or die scenario. It made me really, really realize the importance of the Sacrament. It was awesome how he said it. It was also funny because he paid for lunch for everyone and we got Marios sandwiches (It's a place here) and it's funny because it's all in Bulgarian letters for the menu but it sounds out the English word of what the thing is. So it's not even the Bulgarian word for the thing. There's a few places like that here because there are a lot of tourists here because of ... and other monuments. Anyway while they were here, they gave me the birthday package that you sent. I have to admit, I wasn't patient and opened it the first chance I got. I'm waiting to open the card until my birthday actually comes, so I'm still excited. I love the ties, they're super nice.
We also went on exchanges. I had to plan the whole day because it was my area with another Elder. His name is Elder ... and he is actually from Cedar Hills, so not to far from home. Anyway, the whole mission felt different because it was with someone with a completely different attitude.
There are 2 investigators that we have been meeting with ... и .... They are absolutely amazing. I think I mention them before, but not sure. Whenever we meet they meet together but while on exchanges, Elder ... and I met with .... He is one of the nicest, understanding people here in Bulgaria that I've met with. We actually do the lesson in English because he has lived in America for work with a work/school program. He is currently going to College and majoring in Linguistics and his mother is from Russia. He speaks Russian to. Anyway we had a lesson with Apostasy and the Restoration. We drew a certain diagram that made him say that It makes sense to have Joseph Smith as the Prophet. We only meet once every week or two because he's so busy with work. If anything I want to meet with him all the time. He actually is a referral from ... and ... said he has a girl friend that is interested to. From the sounds of it, she really believes in the Bible and liked what she heard about us from .... I'm so glad that we had the chance to contact them on the street and meet the group of people.
We have been able to find some open blocks or buildings for tracking but have been doing a lot of street teaching. It's been pretty warm here but the last couple of days have been colder, so there wasn't a lot of people on the street during that time, so we do a lot of walking with not to much success. Sometimes it's nice to walk around, but on the other hand it feels like nothing is getting done when that happens and I don't like that feeling.
With General Conference, we actually haven't done anything for it. It depends on which area you are in Bulgaria. There some places where they have computer and a projector that they can get conference a week later because it takes a week to get it translated. In ... we actually have to wait until the mission home burns it into a disk and send it to us, so because of that it takes an extra week for it to get here. So, 2 weeks after General Conference I should be able to see it. It's weird to think that I'm on the opposite end waiting for it weeks later after it actually took place. I'm excited for it but at the same time not so much because I'm basically not going to understand it since it's going to be in Bulgarian, or I won't get the fullness of it.
I'm also really excited for today. One of the members, he's 18 I think, named ... is taking us on a hike that is actually out of our area but barely out of our area like 5 minutes away. It's supposed to be a really pretty hike. I've never really done anything with a member on P-day, so just because of that fact I'm excited. I love the members here.
Also another thing that I just thought of is, I get a lot of comments on how young I am. It was funny because one of the people in Sofia that works in the mission home said that "I know that they lowered the age for missionaries, but I didn't know they lowered it to 16." Or something on the line of that. I've actually get that a lot from the members here. I've actually had a few people pinch my cheeks (usually grandma people) which makes everyone laugh and it's just weird for me.
This is a picture of my companion and I with the member ....
And here is a picture of a church that is famous here. It also has a house with a solar water heater and it reminds me of Dad ha ha. Actually there is a quite a few buildings with solar water heaters and I've also seen some solar panels.



   Displaying DSCF4068.JPG


Displaying DSCF4130.JPG   Displaying DSCF4107.JPG
Here's another church. I love the architecture of churches and also another picture of how green part of our area is. 


No comments:

Post a Comment